When to see your FCP
First Contact Physiotherapists (FCPs) are highly trained physiotherapists, usually based in GP surgeries.
FCPs have extensive experience in the assessment and management of musculoskeletal conditions – such as back or neck pain – and see these patients without the need for a GP appointment.
If you have bone, joint or muscle pain, you can see an FCP. What to expect when you see your FCP
- Your FCP will assess and diagnose you.
- Give you expert advice on how best to manage you condition.
- Refer you onto a specialist service if necessary.
How do you book an appointment to see your FCP?
- Simply contact your GP practice and request an appointment to see the FCP.
- The reception team will check that you’re suitable and book an appointment for you.